Thursday, October 20, 2016

October 20, 2016

So last week after I wrote my email we got to go to the tempio except when  my collega e io got there we realized we had forgotten our recommends (because the name tags aren't quite enough) so we had to run all the way back to our dorms and then back to the tempio in suits trying to get there for the same session as our district which we ended up missing by like 2 minutes but it was fine perche il tempio is awesome e molto bello.  We taught Alessia and it went super well until she came into class and told us she was actually sorrella Francom from Washington when we all thought she might actually have been from Italy. It was weird cause she became our teacher and it's wierd.
We got to go on a field trip to the consulate in SLC to get our visas approved and it was super nice to be out and about for a few hours and while we were eating some random stranger paid for our meals all seven of them it was way cool.  We also sang a song in the marble room on the bottom floor of the consulate and it was amazing. 
I got to pretend to be an investigator named Marco for class and that was fun also I was super tired so I took a nap and it was awesome
On Sunday I gave the priesthood lesson in Ingles and it went better than I thought it would and my collega Anziano Macdonald and I said the sacrament prayer in Italian and that was super cool. And there is a Canadian sister here with a really long name that I can never remember so I call her sorrella Canadia because that's close enough. Elder Vai something a retired football player slash newscaster cam and spoke to us and it was super awesome than me district watched an elder Holland talk and he was super powerful and that was awesome.
Mio collega wasn't feeling too good today so we left class a little early so he could shower ad sleep but before he asked me to give him a blessing and it was the first time I've ever given one and it was honestly one of the most spiritual things I have ever done or even been present for.
We had service and took out all the trash again except like three times faster this time. Volleyball never gets old.  We a Devotional review after a member of the presidency of the 70 spoke president Robbins, it was super emotional and spiritual and a amazing.
I era the most stanco oggi and purpose teacher was sick so we were spilt between a few classes but we learned about the role of the holy ghost and it was super spiritual and way interessatto. We had TRC teaching resource center AKA teaching random citizens it was super funny when mio collega thought these vollenteer return missionaries were supposed to pretend to be investigators when in fact they were supposed to just be themselves so he taught a returned missionary how to pray after asking if she had have prayed before.  Then we heard some stories from sorrella Demann who crashed in a hot air balloon it was hilarious but I really don't know the story very well so yah.
just an overview it's great here you make great connections with wonderful people and although scheduled out there is always a way to have fun!
Ciao ongi persone

No comments:

Post a Comment